“What Exactly Is A Doula?”
A Doula is a trained professional who provides emotional, physical and informational support to new and expectant parents before, during and after birth….okay but what does a Doula actually do?
- Answers your calls and texts in the middle of the night when those contractions aren’t going away.
- Drops everything and gets to you within an hour when you decide you would like more support.
- Squeezes your hips for the duration of every contraction when you are feeling it all in your back.
- Looks in your eyes and smiles encouragingly when some new CRAZY thing happens in labor reassuring you that this isn’t just normal, but actually a great sign.
- Keeps you in your vibe!
- Quietly suggest to your partner that they push your knees (in just the right place) to relieve some of the intensity of a contraction.
- Gives you a foot rub after you get an epidural while you can still feel some sensation in your feet.
- Helps your baby get latched in the first hour.
- Give your friends or family members in the waiting area updates on how you’re doing while you soak up your new baby during the Golden hour after birth.
- Comes to your house in the first week after you give birth to help you process the experience, remind you what a badass you are and laugh or cry about things that happened during labor.
- Provides you with information on any and everything of concern to you.
“What is Childbirth Education?”
Child Birth Education is a safe, yet fun and informative way for you to get familiar with how life will be changing in the next few months. This guided hands on class Is designed to equip you in making informed decisions about your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. Some topics that we will touch on are:
- The Birthing Process
- Birthing options
- Comfort measures
- The importance of oxytocin & skin to skin
- The importance of a physiological birth
- Lactation & Latching
- Post-partum care
- The Healing Process